Maggie Miller Scholarship
MACAC Maggie Miller Scholarship
Maggie Miller, a school counselor at both DeWitt High School and Okemos High School, was known for her passion for life and the profession. She was the kind of counselor who invited both students and colleagues into her heart, her office, and her home. For Maggie, this work was about people, first and foremost. In 2005 Maggie was stricken with ALS.
In 2007, Christopher Tremblay, Associate Provost at Western Michigan University, donated funds to establish the Maggie Miller Scholarship through MACAC to honor Maggie's contributions to our field. Maggie passed away in November 2008.
* High School senior attending a MACAC Member high school
* Must attend a MACAC post-secondary institution
* GPA of 3.2 minimum
* Financial need may be a factor
* Citizenship, involvement in community service
* Motivation to achieve personal goals
Kimberly Bryant, Chair
University of Michigan
Make a difference...join the 2017 scholarship committee or make a contribution to the Maggie Miller Scholarship Fund.